We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective as of now.
PGA European Tour Productions Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting mediahub.europeantour.com (“our site”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), the data controller of our site is PGA European Tour Productions (company registration number 02597356) of Wentworth Drive, Virginia Water, Surrey GU25 4LX.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information you give us – you may give us information by filling in forms on the Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Site, download content on our site, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include (without limitation) your name, address, employer, job title, e-mail address and phone number.
• Information we collect about you – with regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
o Technical information, such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
o Information about your visit, such as the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page
o Information about your use of the Content accessed on the Site, including the deployment of such Content
• Information we receive from other sources - we may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example only, business partners, sub-contractors in technical and delivery services, analytics providers and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use the information held about you in the following ways:
• Information you give to us – we will use this information:
o To carry out obligations arising from any transactions entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, content and services that you request from us
o To provide you with information about other content and services that we offer to those that you have already enquired about
o To allow third parties to provide you with information that you request
o To notify you about changes to our site
o To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
• Information we collect about you – we will use this information:
o To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
o To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
o To allow you to participate in interactive features on our site, when you choose to do so
o As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
o To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them
• Information we receive from other sources – we may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, each as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
• Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract or arrangement we enter into with them or you, or in connection with the running of our site
• Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
• If PGA European Tour Productions Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes, or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner companies, affiliates or other third party websites (including, without limitation, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.